Lake George Battleground Campground
Lake George Campgrounds
We really enjoyed our stay at Lake George Battleground Campground, even though it was not what we expected.
It's a lot smaller than we figured, but the huge pine trees were awesome, and we are close to everything here.
We got campsite number 65 which was on a deadend, and behind the registration office.
But we were happy with this spot, even though the Howard Johnson is right next door.
This next picture is of the upper campground, bathhouse to the right.
The lower picture is of campsite number 65, back of the Howard Johnson in distance. Notice the huge pine trees.
From this Battlefield Campground you can follow a path and it will take you right to Lake George Beach.
Read the Lake George Roadtrip
More Pictures of Lake George Battleground Campground
- Lake George Battleground Campground map... campground
- Lake George Battleground Campground registration office... registration office
- The registration office also has coupons and brochures... coupons and brochures
- Here's what the camping permit looks like... camping receipt
- There are about 10 campsites in the area behind the registration office... lower level campsites
- The front area campsites go all the way to highway 9... front campsites
- A view looking towards the back area... back area
- The dollhouse style restrooms are separate from the bathhouse... restroom view
- A picture of the huge pine trees at Battleground Campground... huge pine trees
- A view from campsite 65 toward the back of the registration office... view toward office
- A picture of what the firepit looks like, bring your own firewood... campground firepit
- Picture of the path to the camp restrooms, watch out for poison ivy... campground path
- Another picture of the tall pines at the Battleground Campground... tall pines
- A picture of the path from the campground to the beach... beach path
Do you have a fast computer? Here are some of the brochures
they passed out at the campground.
- Great Escape and Splashwater Kingdom... front - back - inside
- Lake George Cruises brochure... Lake George cruise schedules
- Minne Ha Ha Steamboat schedule... steamboat schedule
- Howe Caverns Brochure... Howe Caverns and the inside
- Dr Morbid's Haunted House... brochure front - brochure information
- High Falls Gorge in Willmington NY... High Falls Gorge and the inside
- Ausable Chasm at Lake Champlain... ausable chasm and brochure map
- Santa's Workshop, North Pole NY... Santa's Workshop and info on yuletide party
- Lower Hudson River Tubing... tubing information and tubby tubes information
- Fort Ticonderoga brochure... frontside... inside
Pictures of Other Lake George Campgrounds
- Another campground here is called Mohawk Campsites... Mohawk Campsites
- Mohawk Campsites registration office... Mohawk Office
- Mohawk Campground path to beach... path to beach
- A picture of HearthStone Point State Campground... Hearthstone Point State Campground
- Hearthstone Point registration office... Hearthstone Point Office
- Hearthstone Point brochure... Hearthstone Point brochure... campsite map
- Red Gate Cottages... Redgate Cottages
More Lake George Campgrounds
Adirondack Camping Village - Finkle Rd Route 9 N - phone 668-5226
Hearthstone Point State Campground - Route 9 N - 668-5193
King Phillips Campsite - Bloody Pond Road (off Route 9) - phone 668-5763
Lake George Battleground State Campground - Route 9 - 668-3348
Lake George Escape Camping Resort - 175 E. Schroon River Rd. - phone 623-3207
Lake George RV Park - 74 State Route 149 - phone 792-3775
Ledgeview Village RV Park - 321 State Route 149 - phone 798-6621
Mohawk Campground - 3144 Lake Shore Dr. - 668-2760
Mt Kenyon Family Campground - 1571 Lake Ave. - phone 696-2905
Whippoorwill Campsite - 1784 State Route 9 - phone 668-5565
Cooltan - Tan Through Swimsuits - Here's a new product on the market that you can't buy in a store. Now you can get a tan through your swimwear! Cooltan Tan Through Swimwear works like a medium level sunscreen. Look great and eliminate tan lines!
Popular US Hotels - If you need a place to stay on the East Coast while at a beach, see a list of all the popular hotels, motels, inns and suites by state.