Hampton Beach Pictures
America's East Coast Beaches
We decided to just get out of Boston, so we set our GPS for Hampton Beach, NH.
The trip through Boston was amazing.
Their Interstate structure and tunnels are a big wow!
Anyway, the GPS took us out of Boston via I93 to I95 North.
I took pictures of all of the exits and some of the restaurants and motels.
When we arrived at Hampton Beach State Park, we were disappointed because it turned out that the campground is small and for RV's only, no tents or popups.
The Hampton State Beach charges $7.00 to get in, except we were there after 5. The snack bar was closed but the restrooms were open and there are several showers there. A sign said the restrooms would be locked at 6pm and the gate wouldbe locked at 8pm.
When we went to view the beach, it was really nice with deep soft sand, but looking to the north of us, we saw most people congregating down there. We drove to find out why.
We were greeted by a strip of fun and excitement, little shops and restaurants and... another beach. The parking by the beach is metered for 10 minutes for a quarter. We put some quarters in and walked over to Alan's Seafood and ordered the fish and chips and it was great.
We stayed at Hampton Beach till sunset and then headed north to find Old Orchard Beach.We followed 1A along the coastline, and it sure was scenic. We saw North Hampton Beach just as the sun was setting, but the pictures are already too dark.
Then we ran into Jennes State Beach, and we were wishing we were following the coastline during the day, and may go back on 1 A Then we saw a sign for Rye Harbor State Park, then Wallis Sands State Park. We noticed the moon is full and a dark orange. Next came a scenic overlook that had metered parking.
Odione Point State Park was the next on this route and it is amazing there are so many state parks here on the coastline. Then we came into a small scenic town with some New England style buildings. This small town wound up being Portsmouth, Maine.
More Pictures of Hampton Beach and State Park Campground
- The Hampton Beach sign for the city... Hampton Beach
- See the campround information that was tacked to the door... Hampton Beach Campground info
- Hampton Beach State Campground is for RV's only, no tents or popups... RV Campground
- Hampton Beach RV Campground does not have a beach, there are rocks you must climb down I guess the campers use the State Park Beach to swim, also there are no trees... view from campground
- A information sign on the camp office window... camp info
- Hampton Beach State Park, view of the entrance... State Park entrance
- The hubby got in the water to take a picture toward the beach, he said the water was like ice cubes, amazing much colder than Revere Beach... water view
- View of homes looking toward Hampton Beach... street view toward beach
- Picture of Bug's Lagoon and 19 Holes Ice Cream shop... Bug's Lagoon restaurant
- Hampton Beach doesn't have a boardwalk, but they call this area Boardwalk South... Boardwalk South
- View of the metered parking lot next to the beach... parking meters
- Picture of the Hampton Beach playground... playground
- Picture of the Hampton Beach Ballroom... Hampton Beach ballroom
- Restooms near the beach... restrooms
- Hampton Beach Seafood Festival banner stretches across the street, to be held September 8, 9, 10, 2006... Seafood Festival, closer view
- Hampton Beach view from parking lot... Hampton Beach view
- Small restaurants where you can eat along the strip... Pizza yum yum
- Memorial on Hampton Beach says, "In Memory of New Hampshires Heroic War Dead Lost at Sea, In Defense of Our Country." Memorial
- Wally's Pub and Restaurant advertises lobsters and steamers... Wally's Pub or see a large picture of Wally's Pub
Pictures of Motels in Hampton Beach
- Across from Hampton Beach State Park is the Marl Anna Motel... Marl
- On the way to the strip we saw the Hampton Harbor Motel, with rooftop deck and heated pool... Hampton Harbor Motel
- Entering the Hampton Beach strip you are greeted by a "Welcome to Hampton Beach" from the Ocean Market... strip looking north
- Picture of the Motel Drift, advertising a heated pool... Motel Drift
- The Voyager Motor Lodge also advertises a heated pool... Voyager Motor Lodge view, Voyager Motor Lodge
- View of the La Bec Rouge Restaurant, with a rooftop patio... La Bec Rouge restaurant
- View of McGuirk's Hotel, restaurant and pub, cottage rentals... McGuirk's Hotel picture, closeup of sign
- Picture of the Beach View Motel and Alan's Seafood next door... Beach View Hotel
- The Blink's Fry Doe Snack Shop with part of the Hillcrest Inn in foreground... Blink's Fry Doe Snack Shop
- The Sea Ketch Restaurant has a rooftop patio called "Top of the World."and advertises Live Music Day and Night... Sea Ketch Restaurant
- Hampton Beach Surf Motel, Ashworth by the Sea in distance... Surf Motel and Ashworth By The Sea Motel
- Ron's Landing in foreground and Atlantic Motel in distance... Ron's Landing
- Picture of the Grand View Motel... Grand View Motel
- A private community called Rocky World Village... Rocky World Village
- Hampton House Hotel picture... Hampton House Hotel
- Picture of the motel called Kentville On The Ocean... Kentville On The Ocean
- The Ship's Inn Resort advertises jacuzzis, a heated swimming pool and 2 bedroom suites... Ship's Inn Resort
- The Mainsail Motel looks like a great place to stay... Mainsail Motel
- The Colony Motel...picture of the Colony Motel
- The Dolphin Motel has kitchenettes, airconditioning, color TV, and a heated pool... The Dolphyn Motel
- The Westport Motel... picture of the Westport Motel
- Picture of the Royal Crest Motor Inn... Royal Crest Motor Inn
- The Tides Motel is one block off the beach... Tides Motel
- Picture of the Marguerite Motel... Marguerite Motel
- Summer Wind Motel advertises beach houses and kithenettes... Summer Wind Motel
- Picture of the Sea Crest Motel... SeaCrest Motel in Hampton Beach
- The Regal Inn Motel advertises jacuzzi suites... Regal Inn Motel
- Brownie Motel... Brownie Motel also a sign nearby that says Commercial Real Estate, Yankee Trader Realtors with a phone number.
Popular Hampton Motels
Hampton, New Hampshire - Hampton
- Lamie's Inn & Old Salt Restaurant 490 Lafayette Road Hampton, NH
- Best Western The Inn at Hampton 815 Lafayette Road Hampton, NH
Cooltan - Tan Through Swimsuits - Here's a new product on the market that you can't buy in a store. Now you can get a tan through your swimwear! Cooltan Tan Through Swimwear works like a medium level sunscreen. Look great and eliminate tan lines!
Popular US Hotels - If you need a place to stay on the East Coast while at a beach, see a list of all the popular hotels, motels, inns and suites by state.