Atlantic City and Beach
South New Jersey
We finally made it to Atlantic City. I just can't tell you how excited I was.
This is one stop that we missed on the way back from Florida.
We traveled from Connecticut to South New Jersey and stayed at the Barnegat Motel.
We set our GPS c330 to take us to Atlantic City, and wound up in North Atlantic City, which turned out to be a very depressed area.
The picture below is our first view coming into Atlantic City.
I just can't explain how shocked I was at this poverty stricken area. It was like rich and famous on one block, poor and on welfare across the street.
We got out to take pictures of the beach anyway.
Then we traveled several blocks south to where we could see the casinos beginning, and parked in a dirt lot by House of Blues.
We went to check out the beach and the boardwalk here.
We didn't realize that the tourist strip runs for miles and we were just at the tip of it.
There is probably another beach south of here that is big and beautiful, but it got too dark for us to find it.
More Pictures of Atlantic City
- A view of Atlantic Avenue... Atlantic Avenue
- Welcome to Atlantic City... Welcome to Atlantic City
- A view towards the Clarion and Sands Hotel... Clarion
- A view from Christopher Columbus Ave and Artic, Bally's and Caesars in view... corner view
- A view of Trump Plaza at Missouri Street and Atlantic Ave uptown... Trump Plaza
- A picture of the Sheridan Hotel... Sheridan hotel
- Location of Aeropostale... Aeropostale
- A lighthouse in North Atlantic City... Atlantic City lighthouse
- A view of where the casinos stop... Showboat Casino in distance... Casinos and empty lots
- Low income housing, north of casinos... low income housing
- A view towards the north beach... empty lots and old buildings
- A few historical homes left standing... historical homes... another being restored
- An old bench on the north boardwalk... old bench
- A view towards the beach... was there a fire here?
- Another picture of the beach... beach picture
- A picture of the shells here... seashells
- picture taking under the boardwalk... under the boardwalk
- View of the Taj Mahal Casino and Hotel from the beach... Taj Mahal view
- A picture taken looking towards the pier... view towards pier
- A picture of an old blocked off pier, the sign says No Bathing... No Bathing
- A view of the casinos as I came up to the boardwalk... casino view
- We parked in a dirt lot next to the House of Blues... parking
- It started to get dark and all the lights came on... casino sunset
- Then the lights came on at the amusement pier... amusements
- A picture of the boardwalk after dark looking south... boardwalk
- A closer picture of the pinnacles of the Casbah... Casbah pinnacles
- A long shot of the Taj Mahal Casino... Taj Mahal
- A picture of the elephant at the foot of the steps... elephant
- The last picture I took was of the beach rules... beach rules
Popular Atlantic City Hotels
Atlantic City and West Atlantic City , New Jersey - Atlantic
City NJ hotels
Other South New Jersey Hotels - New
Cooltan - Tan Through Swimsuits - Here's a new product on the market that you can't buy in a store. Now you can get a tan through your swimwear! Cooltan Tan Through Swimwear works like a medium level sunscreen. Look great and eliminate tan lines!
Popular US Hotels - If you need a place to stay on the East Coast while at a beach, see a list of all the popular hotels, motels, inns and suites by state.